There are several ways to update your theme.
1. Upgrade themes with FTP
- Login to Member Dashboard to download the latest theme zip.
- Extract the latest theme’s zip on your local computer.
- Connect to your server via FTP
- Go to /wp-content/themes folder.
- Rename the old theme. For example, accommodation_old for accommodation theme
- Upload the latest theme from your local computer to /wp-content/themes directory
- Check everything work fine in new theme
- Remove the old theme.
2. Update theme with dashboard
You have to delete the old theme. If you have not customized the theme, use this method.
Navigate to wp-admin->Appearance->Themes
Active any default theme (Twenty Eleven, Twenty twelve or any other)
Delete the old theme
Upload the latest theme according to above Update theme with the dashboard.
Activate the latest theme.
- Navigate to wp-admin->Apperance->Themes. Click on Add New button on top or Add New Theme box.
2. That is going to theme browse page. Click on Upload theme button. That action open upload theme box.
3. Click on Choose File button and attach the downloaded zip file.
4. Click on Install Now button.
If you already have a theme folder on your server with the same name, you will get an error like that
Theme Installed Failed.
3. With Plugin: Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades
1. Download and unzip the latest release Easy Theme and Plugin Upgrades
2. Upload the entire easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades directory to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory
3. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4. Navigate to wp-admin->Appearance->Themes and install the theme
If you have already made modifications to your theme files (custom.css or functions.php or any file), you will need to re-apply these to the new version. We recommend use child theme for modification.